Free shipping on your first order placed within 7 days of signup

Early campaign and a surreal flying yam

Reflective back pocket flap on YamStreet's bike-friendly Urban Pajama Pants. Reflective roll-up cuffs too!25% Woot! And a surreal flying yam.

We broke 25% on day seven!  I’m both thrilled and focused on the other 75%.

Phil said, “Be sure everyone knows that on Kickstarter you don’t get a dime unless you hit your goal.”

So now you know. Onward!

No super soft and durable Urban Pajama Pants? No bike-friendly version with clever reflective roll-up cuffs? No work for local sewers? It’s just too terrible to think about.

If you know anyone who would be interested in supporting YamStreet and our “Root to a Better World,” please take a minute right now to reach out to them. Or send me a message, and I’ll reach out.

And if all this sounds too serious … our surreal flying yam is meant to lighten the mood.

Surreal Flying Yam.  Ah, that's better.
Surreal Flying Yam. Ah, that's better.

Support blossoming in new ways

Support from friends is blossoming in new ways on day six.

Thanks to Susan for posting a note on the SF Bicycle Coalition’s massively “liked” Facebook page and sending a message out to some of the same folks via LinkedIn. Susan understood the value of our bike-friendly Urban Pajama Pants to these urban change-makers.

Minutes later, Beth from Sunday Streets said she would do a couple blasts out to their robust list. I’ve been promoting Sunday Streets in Bayview for years on Quesada Gardens’ blog and Bayview Footprints Local News, and sent Beth a link to that content. She saw a “Throw-Back Thursday” opportunity in it.

Yay Beth and Susan!

Jeffrey has email

Jeffrey has email ... and is using it!Day five on Kickstarter, and email is new again.

I remember my friend Ed wearing a T-shirt saying “I’m a librarian. I have email.” Email was that big a deal circa 1980-something. (Sorry, Ed … of course you were an infant at the time)

I’m back, burning up my email system, spreading the word about YamStreet’s Kickstarter campaign and Urban Pajama Pants. I have plenty of friends who aren’t on Facebook or other social networks, and I want to be sure they know about the campaign early on.

The replies are making my day. Some folks I haven’t seen in ages remember when they first heard me talking about the “yam biz idea.” And suddenly we are reconnected, catching up on our lives, scheduling a lunch date…. Beautiful! 


Sizes & Fit
The fit of our Urban Pajama Pant is similar to a traditional men's PJ bottom, but with a looser cut and a very slight taper at the ankles. Some shrinkage may occur over time, but not much. The elastic-drawstring combination waist and the overall casual cut ensures maximum comfort. Choose from these 5 sizes: